At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the role
Reporting to the HR Director, the role holder supports the country OSCO Management Team (Operations & Supply Chain) with their key people/HR challenges and holds the responsibility for these employees in Wieze. Halle and Lokeren (Belgium). He/she leverages and liaises with his/her direct reports and other HR colleagues to deliver the desired outcome. The role holder will be required to participate in the global and local people strategy and is responsible for executing HR activities within the respective organizations. The main workplace will be in Halle (70%), with a regular presence in Wieze/Lokeren (30%) to collaborate with the Operations Director Belgium, the Supply Chain Director and the local management teams. He/she will be responsible for building a strong employee relations strategy, and for coordinating with trade unions in an effective way, together with the HRBP operations in the sites.
Key responsibilities include
- You provide support to the production plants (Wieze en Halle) and to the global distribution centre (Lokeren) in implementing and delivering the people strategy and setting the right standards for the future.
- You work closely with the business to understand and address business issues for your scope and provide proactive advice in line with our overall HR strategy.
- You act as an advocate for standardization in the execution of HR policies and initiate new projects in close alignment with the HR Director.
- You focus on operational excellence in both the business and HR.
- You advise and coach your business on people management processes (performance management, engagement, personal development) to ensure effective employer- employee relations.
- You deal with employee requests and queries in an efficient way to ensure seamless HR administrative services for employees and managers in close collaboration with the local HR officer.
- You manage the key operational HR processes in your business to determine local needs and address local specifics.
- You coordinate and take ownership for specific initiatives (e.g. organizational transformation and change) in close alignment with the main business stakeholders.
- You join the meetings with the management teams of the different organizations within your scope of responsibility.
- You bring 15+ years of experience as HR Manager and/or HR Business Partner (employee engagement, talent management, change management and organizational design, communication, performance management, unions, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of the Belgium legislation and proven track record in coordination of union and employee relations.
- Experience in working in/with a production (blue collar) environment
- Strong focus on operational excellence and on getting the basics in place and standardizing processes and HR procedures
- Ability to co-create and implement local HR procedures and practices compliant with the local requirements paired with strong forward thinking and acting.
- Well-developed convincing and communication skills and stakeholder management: close collaboration with HR Director and HR colleagues, Business Management, Trade Unions and Employees, ensuring the consistency needed.
- Ability to co-drive culture, engagement and employee development
- Strong, decisive personality with the ability to challenge business decisions
- Integer and trustworthy
- Easy to relate and approachable for all levels of the organization
- You are bilingual Dutch and French, with fluent English
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.